Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"a dreamer dreams, she never dies"

You visit a place again, because the novel experience is what you wish to repeat. But it is never.

Friends, a trip, alcohol and weed. Let's say "friends". Who called the police?
I claim the weed. I offer up my wrists, facing up, as though to be slit. Let the bloody chains bind my end. 

My family is informed of my imprisonment. No trial necessary. 38 days in jail.  Three days before, and my mother supports me more than anyone in my life. She tells me, do not struggle when a blade is at your neck, and you're forced to do things  you don't want to. She looks strong, for me. But i see worry. It hurts me that she would wrinkle and age because of her daughter. You'd think...

I wanted it. I felt i deserved it more than the others. What life do i have?  And then i wake up.

...

driven, yet my directions are wrong
dirt roads give way to a dead end
and I wonder why paths are so strictly followed-
are we that afraid to crash?
a legendary death, a miracle survival;
only dull lives wish for such excitement,
dull lives such as mine.
excitement, which never comes to the dulled,
surprises those in their prime,
dusted away...why do we live in such
a switched place?

...

i will never forget certain moments in time
the moments in time that echo eternity
the moments that change entirely
the moments that make history
one moment in time, i was reminded again of how culturally diverse i was
a grandfather, white and withered with age, drew back from my helpful hand, repulsed that i was not his same
one moment in time, i was reminded again of my old childhood days
children bored, one saturday afternoon, took the time to taunt and call names
what was i to do but have my courage and will stripped away? 
i hid from mere children and yet what was my age?
one moment in time, history brought change
and i stepped into the world
one moment in time came when everyday my thoughts were the same:
when will i step out of the world?
what made me who i am today were moments in time collected
such moments in time are seen as one
a trip through my life is enough
i have lived.
i have not loved.
but i am done all the same.

...

i am unworthy of a capital i

...

at eighteen, i think it is safe to say, i have had enough
enough of the splendor i never had
enough of the love i never knew
enough of the nights i felt so blue
enough of the parties i never went to
enough of the hype of passion and romance
enough of the hollywood stars and scandal
enough of the sad news on tv
enough of the war that never ends
enough of the blood spill in general
enough of the pain
at eighteen i think it is safe to say
i have had enough of life

...

would you rather be dull and have an exciting life
or be exciting and have a dull life?


1 comment: